Our Investment Philosophy
At Vested Wealth use a highly diversified investment strategy derived from decades of academic research in financial and market theory.
This approach has seven key components:
1. We believe that markets work. The capital markets do a good job of fairly pricing all available information as well as incorporating investor expectations about publicly traded securities. Our approach rewards investors with market returns while active management is expensive and does not work.
2. We believe that only long-term investing in the equity markets offers you a return that outpaces the effects of both inflation and taxes on your portfolio.
3. We believe that risk and return are related. Our portfolios are structured to take advantage of the dimensions of risk offered by investing a measured portion in the small and value asset classes. These size and value effects are strong across global markets.
4. We use two important methods for managing risk and moderating volatility: • Adding fixed income • Diversifying globally across more than 12,000 securities in about 50 countries
5. We believe that structured investing along with disciplined portfolio rebalancing help individuals achieve their long-term financial goals and mitigate the damage that might be caused by investing emotionally.
6. We use low-cost, institutional, asset class mutual funds. Primarily from Dimensional Fund Advisors and Vanguard. ETF's are also used.
7. We use a third-party custodian to hold your investments, and, as a Registered Investment Advisor, we have a fiduciary relationship with all our clients: that means we always put your interests first.
We did not invent or create this process, but we have found that the fundamental building blocks of a good investment strategy are academic research, transparency, and low-cost investment options.
What we hope we have gained from our long experience is the wisdom to offer advice that works for you.